Thursday 3 June 2010

BANDAR UTAMA - FRUIT TREE COMPETITION

Happy day to you,

Lately, I decided to take a walk and brought my newly bought camera with me. Initially I took a few photos of my nearby electricity pole and slowly extended to cover other poles of the whole street and  another pole which is parallel to it. 

My discoveries are so fruitful and we like to share with you. We are so amazed with the creativity of our residents' work that drives me to take photos of these fruit trees that they planted outside their compound. After serious thought, I may use some of their ideas and plant these fruit trees at the idle land of my backyard.







See the photo above where the owner comes out with his own unique idea of planting banana trees. See the bananas are hanging at the tree. I began to wonder how nice if I have some of these trees are at my backyard. These not only greens the environment, but can also help me cut down some of my fruits consumption bill. Moreover, banana is also one of the most nutritious fruit you can find in this region. 








This is another amazing photo - look at the coconut tree planted just outside the compound of the house. Not only do they provide shade to the vehicle, the owners, but also offers free coconuts. See the coconut is in light gold colour. Can anyone tell me whether the fruit is ripe or not? I was made to understand by one of the owners, a few units away from this unit that these fruits are very sweet. Hope I have the chance to taste it and I will revert to you with my feedback. 







Wow, look at the photo above - the papaya tree is standing shyly behind the pole. Judging the size of the tree, it is still has a long way to bear fruit and also provided the tree is of "female" gender which can bear fruit. Here, we need to pray for this owner that it be a "female" tree.




In my case, for those who have read my preceding article on greening with fruit trees, you should know that I planted two pomegranate trees; one just outside my main entrance and the other at my backyard. How wonderful, blessed with some fruits while greening the environment. Killing two birds with one stone. See my trees in the photos below. Big thanks to my mother who brought this idea to me. I used to pluck some, if available, for her whenever I visited her. She loves the fruit from this tree as I used natural fertilisers such as dried leaves and used tea leaves.

For those who wish to plant the pomegranate, please contact me.

Please indicate to us the highest score you give for this competition.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you,

Your Chief Servant,

James Oh

Founder and Group CEO

Skype me at james.oh18

No comments:

Post a Comment