Thursday 10 June 2010

PURPOSE OF LIFE

To all my dearest readers and visitors,

Today, we write to share with you the bamboo slip, as shown below, which was hanging on my wall for many years.





This bamboo slip had been hanging at a junction between my living and dining hall since many years ago. If I am not mistaken, I bought it from one of the shops in Malacca for my younger sibling who faced several blows in his studies. However, he passed it back to me when he moved out from my previous house. I find the poem reflected in it is so meaningful and have a great impact to my life. I use it as my guiding principle in my walk towards my destiny literally means "The destination of a human being". However, you can also prescribe as a success formula.

The stain in this banner is very old and the stain suggests that it had been hanging for too long. However, due to its rich content, I find it difficult to cast it away. 

Perhaps it is good for me to brief you in detail as what is its meaning so that you may appreciate it as I do. It tells us not to talk about the past failures, and don't be fascinated about our dreams. Instead grab hold of present opportunities and move towards our pre-set goals. Then you shall be rewarded with Success. It can be called a SUCCESS FORMULA.

Do you agree with it? If not, please voice out your views.

As far as I am concern, four important points are being raised here:-

1. Do not let your past failures hold you back. 

As it may not a failure as you deemed it to be, but rather a turning point as it should be. If you have recalled my previous article, you should know by now that lots of successful people have managed to eliminate the wrong paths before they found their success. 

2. Never be fascinated about your dreams. 

It encourages us to put it into action. Dream is good, though it cannot guarantee you success. But every success begins with a dream. So, you decide which to choose. Here, I confess that I always prescribe to the former that led me to achieve some success.

3.  Stay focus on your purpose. 

This is a very useful fundamental guiding principle. Stay focus and never distract your attention to any other thing if success is your ultimate goal. This is not easy because we use to walk by sight and the circumstances may be overwhelming and swing your heart away from your pre-set goal. That is why successful people form a small percentage of the whole population. 

4. Moving forward.

Let us acknowledge the fact that we can't change the past. The most we can do about it is to review and learnt from it so as to avoid making similar mistakes. Having said that, we have to keep on moving forward and progress with it. That's makes our life meaningful and useful. In this regard, we have to make our pre-set goals materialised for the betterment of the world which will benefit from our contribution. Thus,  leaving behind a good and sound legacy.

With the above briefing, we hope you have a good grasp of understanding life and its main purpose. Who knows, you may get one and hang it at your wall so as to remind you when you need it. Practise it daily until it becomes part of your behavior.

Thanks for your precious time in reading this article.









Your Chief Servant,

James Oh
Founder and Group CEO

Skype me at james.oh18

No comments:

Post a Comment