Sunday 8 July 2012

PREPARE FOR UNEXPECTED (SPEECH)


A FRIENDLY UNWELCOME GUEST

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Who has experience or seen the sort of "butt" exercise or any other type of activities of similar nature from unwelcome guests as faced by Dato Ambiga? If you have not had such experience, then you should sit back and listen to my interesting story in a short while. Perhaps you may pick up one or two useful tips from my speech then.

In my case, I contacted the fire station to remove my solo unwelcome guest from my house.

It all began after my family's dinner at one popular restaurant at Telok Gong, near West Port, Selangor few years ago. At that time, it was one of the popular weekend dining areas among KL folks. On the way home, after our meal, I somehow detoured to Klang Puteri residential housing estate to investigate further on the newly launched housing estate.



As a result, we arrived home relatively late from our norm. Everyone of my family members was tired and went up to our bed rooms instead of our normal practice of going to the rest room just opposite my dry kitchen.

After being home for a while, my eldest son felt thirsty and was about to go to the dry kitchen to obtain some water. Just before he entered the dry kitchen, he cried out "snake, snake, snake" and ran quickly from it.

Immediately without any suspicion, I rushed down from my room up-stairs. At that time I reached the landing slip, I saw one black creature crawling towards the other corner of the dry kitchen. I then positioned myself at that strategic location, so that I can see through the Niche Opening part of the floor of my dry kitchen.

I was very calm and spontaneously instructed all my kids not to come down from their sleeping rooms until they were told otherwise. I then contacted the Fire Station before requesting my wife to wait for them outside the house as I was keeping an eye on the snake.

While waiting their arrival, my other role was to prevent anyone from entering the kitchen so as not to provoke my guest. This is because I do not have adequate knowledge or experience to handle it.


The rescue team finally came in after nearly an hour of waiting, due to some hassles of contacting the right fire station. Thank God that this guest was still hiding secretly there. Be mindful that there is no door at my dry kitchen as it had been removed long ago before we moved in. As such, I had no means to prevent it from crawling out, if it chose to do so.

The moment I heard the voice of the rescue team asking my permission for not taking out their safety boots, I was so relieved. I responded spontaneously with a big "yes" answer.

They brought in a stick with a loop hanging out of one end towards my kitchen. They finally managed to find it after obtaining my assurance that it was still somewhere in the kitchen. And then I heard a big " Shh...shh............' sounds as the cobra was about to attack its victims.

After some struggle with the snake, they managed to hook the snake out from its hidden place and I was really surprised to see a cobra that was nearly 4 feet in length. Oh My God, I never expected such a huge snake can be found in my house at the city. Till date I never find know precisely how and when it came in.

Immediately we extended our greatest heartfelt gratitude and appreciation to the rescue team. Then we gave them a red packet as our sincere token of appreciation.

We were then told that it can take its victim's life within 5 minutes, regardless of its size. I was shocked later on to find out that it could have easily attack my eldest son, who had confronted it nearer than the safe distance. Luckily, this friendly guest chose to do otherwise.

From then on, we learnt that we need to stay clam at any crisis and quickly resolve the issue we are currently facing. We must be prepared for unexpected situations and must be ready at all times. In this connection, I must be grateful for acquiring this skill through my career in the corporate world.



STAY TUNE FOR MORE EXCITING ARTICLES.




http://www.facebook.com/people/James-Oh/706849667




No comments:

Post a Comment