Thursday 20 May 2010

BANDAR UTAMA - GREENING MY PLACE OF RESIDENT WITH ROOFTOP VENTILATION SYSTEM

Bandar Utama - Greening my place of resident with rooftop ventilation system

Hi! Folks,

It is our pleasure to meet you here again. We are sure that you must be excited to read about our articles and we guess that you must have reaped the benefits to your maximum. Continue to visit us for your mutual benefits. Thanks for your continuous support. One thing we can assure you is that the more you read, the more we put money in your pocket indirectly if you choose to take action as we recommended.

Further to my articles on greening my place of residence which we received overwhelming response, we decided to share more about other interesting ideas which we are sure of receiving your consideration as the benefits you receive from this investment will be far more than your investment costs.



By installing rooftop ventilation Turbine Vent, as seen in  the photo above, your place will not only be more cosy, but you will also lower  your electricity bills as you may not need to use so much air-conditioning to achieve that effect. 

My double storey house installed two units of heavy duty polypropylene bracing system. Adjustable base and free maintenance dual ball bearing system, installed by my previous owner. They keep running till today without any issue since we move in for more than a decade. Simple yet effective in the sense that my first floor is very much cooler than the unit without it. So, guess you are able to figure out. 

According to the building codes there are only two types of ventilators recognized. 

The two basic types are as follows:-

i) electric, which operate on A/C power; 

ii) all others (wind powered, solar powered and passive vents). 

I am very certain that my units are not of A/C power type, however I am not too sure whether it is wind powered, solar or passive vents. What I care about is that they produce the results I desired.

I was also made to understand that all non-electric vents must be calculated into a building design by the “1 to 300 rule”, no matter if it is wind driven, solar powered or passive. The reason for this is simple. As long as the CFM rates cannot be definitely calculated, the calculation must be based on the area of the vent's diameter (free air space) in relation to the size of the attic being vented. 

In this connection, can someone help me ascertain whether I have an ideal situation in terms of effectiveness based on my unit which is of slightly 2,000 square feet, slight larger than its original build up? You may either email me your invaluable feedback to jamesoh2003@yahoo.co.uk or via comment.

One thing I feel proud of is that I, at least, have managed to join those who advocate using natural resources such as solar, wind or passive type to reduce the global warming issue. My conscience is clear.

In this regard, I step forward to blog it and share with you in the hope that you too give it due consideration. Thank you in advance.

And last, but not least, we like to stress again we need to address the global warming collectively and the heat is so terrible once you step out from your house. We, at Lift You Up, do not think anyone of us want to see our next generation to wear special type of clothing so as to prevent their skin from this extra heat.

More ideas flowed into my mind after I took a slow walk around my unit and I will share them with you in my forthcoming articles.

Stay tuned and look forward to seeing you again, 



Your Chief Servant,

James Oh

Founder and Group CEO

Skype me at james.oh18

No comments:

Post a Comment